Hi

Thgin i seek is to create a connection (android) to the latest postgresql 9.2 database. Theat is running on a distant server.

Can i Do it? Is postgre 9.2 JDBC driver fro andoid out?

& little bit distant question. If the prevous is doable. How i an write tet (juint ect) for database code testing?

If the postgresql 9.2 and adroid is imposssible. Can you maybe suggest a another alternative? For ecaple some public sql solutions. Im familiar with mysql, postgresql and access SQL :O.

Thank you in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You need to have server side application that is listening for request sent through HttpClient request, process it and return result to caller. Often best way to retrun data is in JSON object that is easy to parse

What about solution without server side application? The SQL-lite is the thing that comes up everywhere? Can it be found as a DB server that is connectable from android application?

What about solution without server side application? The SQL-lite is the thing that comes up everywhere? Can it be found as a DB server that is connectable from android application?

Depends on situation. If you do not need to share data with outside world you will do with internal database. However if there is a reason for interaction, querying external sources is need it. If you decide to save result in local for period of time that is up to you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.