1.11M Members

want u r suggestions plz

hi,,

i m now working on some basics of phonegap for iphone . can somebody let to know how to create database for iphone apps development? and how to connect this database with the iphone?
any suggestion are highly appreciated..thank you

I am not certain what you are asking for. I have tied OS X and iOS to MySql, Oracle and MS SQL Servers. This does not seem to be, from your questions, what you are wanting.

Have you considered property list?
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/PropertyLists/PropertyLists.pdf
Or are you asking for a more complex database such as MySql etc.?

hi,,

i m now working on some basics of phonegap for iphone . can somebody let to know how to create database for iphone apps development? and how to connect this database with the iphone?
any suggestion are highly appreciated..thank you

Raviraj,

The most preferred database for mobile platforms is SQLite. You'll be able to download it and also creating database from the console(sadly it doesn't have any GUI tool- SQLite manager extension in firefox solves this a bit). After ceating add the db file to the project in xcode. That gives you the access to database. Njoy :)

-Anil

thank you .

In Xcode, choose File -> New File. Then, in the dialog window select Core Date in the left pane and select Data Model. Then click next, give you model a name. This is where you create your datamodel, XCode handles the SQLlite interface on your behalf.

If you want to learn how to do this I suggest downloading from iTunes the Standford University lecture on Core Data by Paul Hegarty it is quite good.

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article