What is the Windows equivalent of Cocoa from Objective-C? I'm thinking C++, but is there anything that includes an easier way to create a UI? (If there is an IDE that features a UI builder for C++, please mention) ((Sorry if you don't think I should've posted this here. Since it's software related, I figured 'Microsoft Windows' wouldn't be the best place to post it.))

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

.NET... use MS Visual Studio to create your UI

Does Visual C++ work?

Of course it does! If it suits your needs depends on the programming task you have at hand.

Thank you to both of you who replied!

Of course it does! If it suits your needs depends on the programming task you have at hand.

But I downloaded and installed Visual Studio, and I was wondering if there was any way to link a UI (from VB because C++ does include a UI builder, again if you know one that does, throw it out there) to C++ source...?

You don't have to do that.
Just start a new project in VS C++ look in the new project dialog for Windows Form Application example here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.