I am using the RemObjects PascalScript engine in one of my applications and I have a few questions. I was looking for a list of all the functions and constants available to PascalScript and the best resource I could find was this page:

http://www.be-precision.com/products/pdscript/webhelp/en/topics/PSSyntax.htm

Most of the functions work as they should but some aren't working and I can't figure out why. Functions like GetCurrentDir and ShowMessage should work in PascalScript but if you fire up the example IDE project and do something like ShowMessage('blah'); it will say the function doesn't exist.

Now I am fairly sure ShowMessage is a part of PascalScript, and it should work. InputBox doesn't even work. It seems to be the types of functions that interact with the system. I'm sure there must be a way to utilize those functions. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Hello JacobBruce!

A lot of functions available in pdScript from Precision is registered by this interpreter and are not part of the general RemObjects PascalScript engine.

Functions like ShowMessage, InputBox, etc are listed in pdScript Help Reference under "Standard functions", because they are standard from Delphi developer's point of view.

Simply register these functions you want to use in your application (in an OnCompile event assigned to TPSScript component). If you need more info (ie. code example), feel free to contact us via e-mail (support@be-precision.com)

Best regards,

Roman Macura
Precision software & consulting

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.