Recently, I have been requested to build a system to transfer some information to another system via ftp. I was recommended to use a specific, working file and modify it, as it already contained the transmission data. I was given a new target url and a new user id and password set to test my setup. Except that every time I run it, I get the following error.

500 (Internal Server Error) Can't connect to dropbox.test.covansysec.com:443 (Timeout)
Content-Type: text/plain
Client-Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:15:43 GMT
Client-Warning: Internal response

500 Can't connect to dropbox.test.covansysec.com:443 (Timeout)

I've looked up the 500 code online, and it says it's a generic error message, to go read the logs for more information. I'm not the one who installed Perl, and am a fairly new user to it. What is the log file being written to likely to be called? Or where on my test system should I start looking for it?

System is running SuSE 9.3 OS, apache2, and I'm assuming Perl 5.8.6 since that's what all the stuff in the library path seems to be labled by.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

it will be in the http server error logs but most likely will not help much. But look in the apache folder, find the logs folder and find the error file.

commented: Thank you. +3

Thank you for your assistance. I found what appears to be the correct file, and found the error. Turns out to be a miscalculation on my part; I was attempting to aim at the wrong target, so to speak, and kept getting the connection severed as a result.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.