Hi all..

I am new to Python and badly need help...I am trying to run a DOS batch file from Python..I have given the inputs also..It runs half and then exits at the point of time when I need to give answer to whether I need to replace two files or not...when that interrupt comes up the batch file just closes and no error is logged...how do I get to give that user input in the middle...is it possible???Is there any way that the python would prompt us to enter the values???
Thanks in advance
Prachu

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Have you looked at popen2? It's documented in the Python run-time library manual and I'm sure google will show lots of examples.

i am sorry but I am not able to execute that command as a sub-process as it says in the library reference...i have been using the following code :
os.system('C:\\Python25\\Test\\LH-Sitekit\\sitekit\\engine\\install-nt.bat %s,%s,%s'%(input1,input2,input3))
where the 3 inputs are defined previously...

Please could u let me know how to use popen2() with this cmd...

Try something like this ...

program = "C:\\Python25\\Test\\LH-Sitekit\\sitekit\\engine\\install-nt.bat"
# supply the proper input values as strings
input1 = 'x'
input2 = 'x'
input3 = 'z'

import subprocess
subprocess.call([program, input1, input2, input3])

Sorry, line one comes out a little goofy. Toggle to plain text to see the correct line.

Hi..

i tried this...its behaving in the same way as the os.system did.. :(

Hi..

i tried this...its behaving in the same way as the os.system did.. :(

Hi .. ! U can do it like this

import os

os.system('install-nt.bat %s %s %s < %s'%(input1,input2,input3,'C:\command.txt'))

Hope this works [:P]

- Mohan :) :P

Thanks a lot! It works! :)

input1 input2 input 3, what are those???

someone can expland to me:D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.