Following the example of 'cx-freeze hello.py', I'm getting the error message below. I put all of the error keywords into google and found no hits.

Some people in various posts have said to use Python 2.5 but a lot of my code is using Python 2.6 features.

Can you telling what I'm doing wrong?

./cxfreeze hello.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./cxfreeze", line 5, in <module>
main()
File "/root/cx_Freeze-4.1/cx_Freeze/main.py", line 178, in main
silent = options.silent)
File "/root/cx_Freeze-4.1/cx_Freeze/freezer.py", line 85, in __init__
self._VerifyConfiguration()
File "/root/cx_Freeze-4.1/cx_Freeze/freezer.py", line 325, in _VerifyConfiguration
self._GetInitScriptFileName()
File "/root/cx_Freeze-4.1/cx_Freeze/freezer.py", line 246, in _GetInitScriptFileName
raise ConfigError("no initscript named %s", name)
cx_Freeze.freezer.ConfigError: no initscript named Console

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My first question would be how did u install cx_freeze?

That is for converting a python script to a windows executable... u r trying to get an exe file in Linux?? I wonder why u would do that.

From the cx_freeze download site, it gives me a windows installer, so I believe you will have to run this on a windows machine rather than on a Linux machine to get this working.

My first question would be how did u install cx_freeze?

That is for converting a python script to a windows executable... u r trying to get an exe file in Linux?? I wonder why u would do that.

From the cx_freeze download site, it gives me a windows installer, so I believe you will have to run this on a windows machine rather than on a Linux machine to get this working.

I'm not in a Windows environment.

I downloaded the source from http://cx-freeze.sourceforge.net/

This is similar to Windows py2exe program; an entirely self-contained environment that doesn't require any dependencies (including Python!) on the other person's computer.

This looks cool...

I will have to check this from my home PC then....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.