Hi everyone,

i was wondering how it might be possible to send variables from a programme written in c++ to be used in a separate application which is coded in python.

I am using opencv to calculate points of interest in c++. I would then like these resulting co ordinates to be sent to a game engine (blender game engine) to be assigned to specific objects.

I have no experience using python and have never written a C++ program that would need to transmit data in such a fashion. I've been researching possible solutions but I'm unsure of what the correct terminology of what i am trying to do is etc... **N00B**

It would be good if any experienced coders could potentially give me an idea of how i might be able to bridge this gap.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Never done it but there's plenty of documentation out there: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/145270/calling-c-c-from-python seems to be loaded with information.

Try searching the Python forum here too, but don't double post your thread, ask for it to be moved (click 'Flag Bad Post') if you think your question is better suited over on that side.

hi jonsca,

i have googled around and found many ways to do this however im a little stuck as to implementing the variables into the blender game engine itself. i think i will search on the game dev side to see if anyone has a solution specific to BGE.

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.