I was running a game I wrote in python with pygame on my Mac 10.6 machine and I notice this Warning.
"Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz."

So does anyone know of an effort to update pygame for this or is there a trick I can use.

I was running a game I wrote in python with pygame on my Mac 10.6 machine and I notice this Warning.
"Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz."

So does anyone know of an effort to update pygame for this or is there a trick I can use.

Seriously I think we need to fix this problem by Mac OS 10.7 because the way apple is going they will completely remove it. Making Pygame a great library useless on the Mac at least for future 10.7 users.
I don't know if Pygame 2 will fix this problem but as of now the beta of pygame 2 can pretty much only be tried on windows.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.