I am using Tkinter as my gui programming addon for python but i think it would be better to lean something else....

do you know where there are any good pyWin32 or wxPython tutortials?

Help is apprecaited. :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

When you download wxPython2.6-win32-unicode-2.6.1.0-py24.exe from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/
also download wxPython2.6-win32-docs-demos-2.6.1.0.exe

Install both. In the docs/demo folder is a program main.py that brings up a nice selection of examples, the closest thing I could find that looks like a wxPython tutorial. It runs the demos, shows the code and gives an explanation. I found main.py on my computer under D:\Python24\Doc\wxPython2.6 Docs and Demos\demo\main.py

Just a note, there is nothing wrong with using the somewhat simpler Tkinter for your GUI programs, particularly as you start out programming. It all depends what you want your program to do!

Just a note, there is nothing wrong with using the somewhat simpler Tkinter for your GUI programs, particularly as you start out programming. It all depends what you want your program to do!

Yeah, I kind of want to be able to interact with the clipboard and some decent file interactions. The main thing is though, I want a flexible GUI that does most of the basic things Windows itslef handles. I've been programming in Python for about a year now and same with tkinter but I haven't worked with it enough to remember the exact stuff in tkinter so now is the perfect time to transition. So yeah, I'd rather learn a farely tough GUI that covers a wide range of things than a simple not so broad GUI.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.