Thought all of the following was handled and not:
1) python runs script which opens file and prints to screen OK
2) when cx_freeze distilled script is run it reports file to open is not there, when it is
3) the distilled script can be run from a term with ./ and it finds and opens file
4) any distilled script that doesn't have to open a file, read, print to screen works fine with click open

Anybody run into this and have a correction?

Even a simple script like the following, the problem exists

f = open("some.txt", "r")
    list = f.read()
    print list

Thanks for any insights,
jkrueger

Thought all of the following was handled and not:
1) python runs script which opens file and prints to screen OK
2) when cx_freeze distilled script is run it reports file to open is not there, when it is
3) the distilled script can be run from a term with ./ and it finds and opens file
4) any distilled script that doesn't have to open a file, read, print to screen works fine with click open

Anybody run into this and have a correction?

Even a simple script like the following, the problem exists

f = open("some.txt", "r")
    list = f.read()
    print list

Thanks for any insights,
jkrueger

Wow, OK, not what I thought. The, open("some.txt"), as in a general python script will look in existing folder, unless you direct it to look else where.

cx_freeze will take that script and distill it and with the open("some.txt") will look in the users home directory. I've attempted to have it always look in the distilled folder and have not had any success yet. Have used ./ etcetera. If anyone has found a way, please let me know.

Thanks,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.