1.11M Members

Learn TCL in 21 days or less

Suddenly I am interested in the tcl scripting language. Does anybody know a good website to learn the rudimentaries.

TCL is a fun language...not as fun as Perl though. ;) Try this site.

Some nice links, thanks!

This will keep me out of trouble for a while!

well does anybody know which better tcl or perl.. i mean which most commonly used..i wanna learn one of them..but dunno which one i should choose..

I wouldn't use either tcl or perl; I use the shell.

Does anyone know what a better Tcl or Perl .. So what is the most commonly used .. I would like to learn from them .. I do not know what I had to choose ..

If the shell is not enough for you, learn Python. Tcl doesn't have the capabilities of a real programming language, and Perl is a write-only language: its scripts are either bloated or incomprehensible.

I'd be happy if I could even get TCL to work. I thought I had installed it, and I thought NetBeans had installed it too, but I just keep getting an error about some missing .so (library) file that's not even on the hard drive. Makes no sense to me..

Isn't it about time forums rewarded their contributors?

Earn rewards points for helping others. Gain kudos. Cash out. Get better answers yourself.

It's as simple as contributing editorial or replying to discussions labeled or OP Kudos

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article