hi there i have an assignment about writing Cshell with some features i m not gonna ask plz gimme the codes or smth. but i need some advice how to start writing it, what to do maybe smn can show me ways to do it , thanks for help

here is the assignment :

here are the minimum requirements of the shell you are required to write.
1. It should be able to run all the single-process commands.
2. It should be able to run all the two-process pipelines, the skeleton of which is as given in Fig. 1–13 of the
text.
3. It should be able to handle input and output redirection.
4. It should be able to execute commands in the background.
You are, of course, free to add more features to the shell you write.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi there i have an assignment about writing Cshell with some features i m not gonna ask plz gimme the codes or smth. but i need some advice how to start writing it, what to do maybe smn can show me ways to do it , thanks for help

here is the assignment :

here are the minimum requirements of the shell you are required to write.
1. It should be able to run all the single-process commands.
2. It should be able to run all the two-process pipelines, the skeleton of which is as given in Fig. 1–13 of the
text.
3. It should be able to handle input and output redirection.
4. It should be able to execute commands in the background.
You are, of course, free to add more features to the shell you write.

This isn't a homework completion forum. We help people who show an effort and have specific problems...Please see this link

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/announcement118-2.html

This isn't a homework completion forum. We help people who show an effort and have specific problems...Please see this link

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/announcement118-2.html

i know what this forum for if u r not gonna help people who doesn t required the codes only some help about their questions then don t wirte anything under my topic and waste my time to read it , if ur read my question above u ll get i m trying to say i wanna try myself but i don t know how to start ,i just wanna learn how to start ok!

bohongtw > i just wanna learn how to start ok!

Start by creating an empty file

touch myfirstscript.csh

Now open the file with your editor of choice

vi myfirstscript.csh

After that, write in the first line
Either

#!/usr/bin/csh

or

#!/bin/csh

Depending where the c-shell program lives in your system

There! That's a start.

bohongtw >

i know what this forum for if u r not gonna help people who doesn t required the codes only some help about their questions then don t wirte anything under my topic and waste my time to read it , if ur read my question above u ll get i m trying to say i wanna try myself but i don t know how to start ,i just wanna learn how to start ok!

Responding in an ignorant way to free given advise is not going to get you anywhere. Also, follow the forum rules, and one of those rules says, chat-room writing is not tolerated. Proper written English is a must, (as good as you can if it is not your second language) If you want help, post what you have done so far, or tell us what you have tried and where you got stuck.

Otherwise, go somewhere else.
Consider this as friendly warning.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.