dandrews517 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all,

I found a great VoIP application for WP7 that prevents the service providers to block SIP: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/722556/How-to-build-a-VoIP-application-for-Windows-Phone. The core of the solution is the following: as it is known, SIP protocol is used in VoIP technology, but its port (5060) is blocked by many mobile service providers. That's why VoIP is blocked on mobile phones. By using this WP7 client application blocking will be impossible, since this application communicates with a server through TCP/UDP and the server communicates with the phone system through SIP. The author of the guide inserted above has used a Windows Phone SDK 7.1 together with the VoIP SIP SDK offered by Ozeki, along with Microsoft Visual studio 2010. It has been written in C#.

That's ok. But my only one problem is: Why WP7?? I think it is a bit out of date... Does anybody have a similar mobile development solution for Android?

Thanks in advance!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.