Hi, it's me agin.

I would like to know if it's possible to customize a tabcontrol, so that I can have the tabpages shown horizontally when alignment is set to left or right.

If so, could someone give an example, or a link, of how to accomplish this?

I've been working with overriding OnDrawItem, but all I manage to do is make a complete mess.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I don't really understand what you are trying to do but for more customization of tabcontrol goto TabControl1 > Tab Pages > Collection > and press "...".

I know how to use the TabControl as it is. I've used it many times.
And I know that you can align the actual tabs in any orientation, Top/Left/Bottom/Right.

However, when aligning them either Left or Right, the tabs are displayed vertically.
I would like to have them displayed horizotally, as if they would be when aligned Top or Bottom. But lined up vertically.

(tabs) (tab page)
________|¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤|
________|¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤|
________|¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤|
________|¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤|

(I suck at ascii graphics)

Is this possible?

Ohh i see what you mean, and from what i know you can't. However, im a begginer and there probably is a way you can do it. Im saying this because i've seen it done before.
Good luck;)

I believe it can be done, I just don't know how.
I do know that it requires some major customazation.

So I was wondering if anyone could provide with some intel or links as to where one might find such a control without, or prefereble with, sourcecode.

I've done some major google'ing, but most of my hits turn out to be nothing of what I'm looking for.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.