Hi, there people!

I have a project I have to deliver but I am at loss on the relevant tech. to use although I am a predominantly vb.net guy. The VB.Net is the 2008 one.

I am to deliver a software that would enable an internet cafe do these basic things.

* Issue tickets that enables users to login and use any computer system on the network to browse the internet.
* At the expiration of the time bought (via the ticket) the computer screen is blocked to further usage and the login page is displayed.
* On the server, We should be able to see the list of connected or logged in users and the usage time remaining
* see the list of websites being visited by each of the computers
* Ofcourse if i'm able to do the above, I can report on daily sales and so on.

So people what is the overriding tech to use. I know it a client and server app. Thanks in advance .
Ideas are welcome.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello, is there anyone can help me with locking the desktop code. So that, even the user press Ctrl, Alt , Del or any key, then it won't happen anything. I'm using the visual studio 2008

You can do something like this by using an API call.

Private Declare Function SystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" Alias "SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Long, ByVal uParam As Long, ByVal lpvParam As Any, ByVal fuWinIni As Long) As Long

Private Sub Disablekeys()
SystemParametersInfo 97, true, CStr(1), 0
End Sub

Private Sub Disable_Click()
Disablekeys()
End Sub

You can do something like this by using an API call.

Private Declare Function SystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" Alias "SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Long, ByVal uParam As Long, ByVal lpvParam As Any, ByVal fuWinIni As Long) As Long

Private Sub Disablekeys()
SystemParametersInfo 97, true, CStr(1), 0
End Sub

Private Sub Disable_Click()
Disablekeys()
End Sub

thanks for helping, but when I use your code, there's a syntax error in "Any"
Is it works at your place? Is that code will lock the ctrl, alt, del, and windows key?

Try to disable the task manager. I hope it helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.