hi friends

How to set application path using VB.Net using MySQL.....

The same function using VB 6.0 as
Public AttnPath As String
AttnPath = App.Path & "\Data" this type, i need vb.net help me plz...

Regards
Anandh

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

In vb.net u need to use the property called Application.StartupPath="path u want to give"

In vb.net u need to use the property called Application.StartupPath="path u want to give"

Thanks for ur replay.. I`ll use this but error msg displayed for " Property is "startuppath " is Read only"

Thanks for ur replay.. I`ll use this but error msg displayed for " Property is "startuppath " is Read only"

hi
u have specify like

Application.StartupPath + " u can specfy remaining path here"

Application.startuppath means it wil show upto bin folder then concatenate with this " u can specfy remaining path here"

if ur probelm solved plz mark as solved

yes Ur correct application.startuppath will give you the path where Ur executable files are there in the machine.
Application.StartupPath + " the desired path u want to be"

yes Ur correct application.startuppath will give you the path where Ur executable files are there in the machine.
Application.StartupPath + " the desired path u want to be"

Any Declare Variable contain This Path

hi
i tried like this for ur ?

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
TextBox1.Text = Application.StartupPath()
End Sub

or

Application.StartupPath & "\\DataBase\\dbname.db"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.