I'd really like some advice on a project I'm working on.

I'm working on a school project where I'm supposed to build a system for a small dietitian clinic. One of the things I have to do is create a way for a receptionist to book, change and cancel appointments.

I'm storing all patients' info in Access, including their appointments (I know it's not efficient but it's all I know how to do, plus my teacher wants it that way).

I haven't found a control that'll act as a way for the receptionist to view appointments day to day so I'm using a listbox, where choosing a specific date using the datetimepicker will call up a list. Is there a better way?

Sorry for the obvious lack of knowledge.

Thank so much!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Howdy, eostre -

Are you looking for a control to display the appointments details or list the appointment times?

- wobray

I haven't found a control that'll act as a way for the receptionist to view appointments day to day so I'm using a listbox, where choosing a specific date using the datetimepicker will call up a list. Is there a better way?

I don't think that VB.NET itself has a fully suitable control for that. Your solution may be adequate for a school project.

Have you tried a bit googling? With http://www.google.com/search?q=vb.net+appointment+control I found Calendar DayView Control. It's in C# but you don't have to be familiar with C# to compile it. That is, if you're allowed to use a third party control (and read the license text too!).

Saving appointments shouldn't be hard. One thing to keep in mind is that a person's appointments can never be overlapping ;) I have a faint memory I answered a question about overlapping times here in DaniWeb :-/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.