Hi all,

I've done plenty of searching through as many threads related to this issue and tried just about everything I've found, but to no avail.

I am using the VB that is included with Visual Studio 2005 and I have a secured access database that I connected to using a Dataset object. The form has some text boxes and combo boxes and loads just fine. I have a button that should add the data entered in the boxes as a new record. I would like to avoid the whole confusing approach of declaring a new data connection in the code and I should be able to use the Dataset object. But no matter how I try to do it it doesn't add the record to the database.

Could someone please explain to me how to do this? Thanks.

Wouldn't you know it... as soon as I post a thread asking for help I try one more thing and it works. The weird thing is that in order to see the new records when I'm not in the program is to open the version of the database that is created in the Debug folder. Is that normal?

I'm no programming guru, but it sounds like that's the path you have it set up to save to. When I set up my data connection, it asked if I wanted to attach the file to the project, to which I answered 'yes.' If you're trying to use Access to view your changes, you'd need to ensure you are accessing the same file that you're changing... ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.