Can you please help me in my problem regarding in using Listview in vb.net. I can manipulate some flow like searching and selecting data coming in database (SQL) but my problem is that i need a message thtat will pop up that there is no particular data in the database where ever i find a data.

I have my "search button" that triggers to display any record. But if there is no record there is no message that will show that there is no record found. I dont knowhow to code it so please help me..

Thanks. Hope that you will help me. Godbless.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

MessageBox.Show("No record found")

haha just kidding, it depends on how your querying the data for me to say exactly how to check.

If your results are being returned to a DataSet/DataTable, you can check the row count and if it is zero, you can display the message.

If myTable.Rows.Count = 0 Then MessageBox.Show("Better luck next time")

If your using something like ExecuteScalar, a DataReader etc you may need to check that the object is not null.

hello,
you didn't provide accurate information in order for me to reply you but i will try to give you some idea, now this is with a data reader.

Dim dr As OleDbDataReader
 If dr.HasRows Then
               'Do actions here!
            Else
                MessageBox.Show("No records forund", "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
END IF

Regards.

dim rows as listviewitem
rows = 0
If (Row > 0) Then
'condition
Else
messagebox.show("there is no record")

this can also work for you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.