I want to learn VB or VB.net and want to use for my website (ASP.net)

So which language should i learn first which help to create my website and which one is easy to Learn.

Waiting for experts replies.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

VB.net.
If C# is choice, personally I will go for C#.
If you have C or java exposure go for C#.
No arguments. Mark thread as solved.

No c++, no c , no c# the master program is VB hehehehe..
C is powerful than vb but vb has its own way.
and now the answer for your post is i will select vb 6 for programming.It is more better than VB.net.VB.net provides a lot settings but still vb 6 is powerful equal to .net.
In your case you want to use it for your web no doubt it is .net is good choice becoz .net is created at the time of web world hehehehe...
.Net provides a little advantages in web designing than vb 6. Best of luck ....

Hey you need ASP.net then go for vb.net ..it is not in old vb .....

VB6 came out in 1998, why would you tell someone just starting out to start with a language that is obselete by a decade....

VB6 came out in 1998, why would you tell someone just starting out to start with a language that is obselete by a decade....

Hey vb never become obsolete ....And what in vb.net is just a few new stuff that's all.VB is always vb ...you can create almost all offline [ sometimes you can create online program too ] good programs in vb6 as equal to vb.net.
Know this now , still majority of programmers in this world loves the old champ VB 6 [ me tooooo ]

It is over a decade since its release and 3 verisons of the language have been released sinece. Saying otherwise doesnt change the fact that it is obselete!. And to say there is not much new in .Net only shows your lack of knowledge on the subject.

VB 6.0 is product of DNA - Distributed InterNetwork Application architecture framework where VB.NET is CLS compliant compiler.

Google it with VB 6.0 Vs VB.NET

Defend it all you want but the fact is; it is obselete. I can sit here an argue that Cobol was a great language or that Windows NT was the best operating system but there time has gone and a programmer needs to update with the ever changing technologies or be limited in a job search to companies that are unwilling to update.

commented: It is not obselete. Good suggestion +5

Defend it all you want but the fact is; it is obselete. I can sit here an argue that Cobol was a great language or that Windows NT was the best operating system but there time has gone and a programmer needs to update with the ever changing technologies or be limited in a job search to companies that are unwilling to update.

Hey VB is not COBOL ...But one thing is true UPDATE ..And I AM UPDATED to .NET [ but still i am using VB 6 ].
DotNet is great than VB but VB 6 is still not become obsolete.One thing become obsolete when it has no use in this world.But VB6 has the power to produce what we can do in VB.net [except web ] and many people still using it for many years.
Microsoft never said it is obsolete...They just added Vb in .net with a very little extras.They are still publishing VB6 Service packs and controls and Tutorials .....Look at the codes in vb and .net they are same , same man ..........

" Your Believes Will Save You " hehehehe
What about c , c++.People are still using those old champs still for many powerful projects .

Try it ...
Best of luck ....

commented: Yeh! good explanation +5
commented: Totally Agree +2

I want to learn VB or VB.net and want to use for my website (ASP.net)

I would say learn asp.net which is 70% of it vb.net

I would add my approval to what Vineeth K has said.

in my opinion, Vb.Net is nothing more than "vb6 + Powerful IDE + Smart Intellisense + 10000 built in function"

VB was legend and it is still used in VBA Application where Vb.net is not used in that area widely yet.

Hey VB is not COBOL ...But one thing is true UPDATE ..And I AM UPDATED to .NET [ but still i am using VB 6 ].
DotNet is great than VB but VB 6 is still not become obsolete.One thing become obsolete when it has no use in this world.But VB6 has the power to produce what we can do in VB.net [except web ] and many people still using it for many years.
Microsoft never said it is obsolete...They just added Vb in .net with a very little extras.They are still publishing VB6 Service packs and controls and Tutorials .....Look at the codes in vb and .net they are same , same man ..........

" Your Believes Will Save You " hehehehe
What about c , c++.People are still using those old champs still for many powerful projects .

Try it ...
Best of luck ....

1. Wake up and smell .net. Either you have no clue of .net, OO paradigm, exception handling and concepts like that or you are just putting your ego in front of you and heheheheing the "reason".
How can you say a very little extras added to vb making it vb.net. It is complet dot net framework. It is called VB.net, it has not much to do VB.
2. You call you upgraded yourself in .net (though I doubt). But you want the other person to start with VB. That is like I will use a 1 GB machine but you first buy some 512MB crap and then upgrade. See how 512 works same as 1GB, just added a little extra.

1. Wake up and smell .net. Either you have no clue of .net, OO paradigm, exception handling and concepts like that or you are just putting your ego in front of you and heheheheing the "reason".
How can you say a very little extras added to vb making it vb.net. It is complet dot net framework. It is called VB.net, it has not much to do VB.
2. You call you upgraded yourself in .net (though I doubt). But you want the other person to start with VB. That is like I will use a 1 GB machine but you first buy some 512MB crap and then upgrade. See how 512 works same as 1GB, just added a little extra.

Wow nice replay i don't like to tell anyone to start from vb but what i said vb is still working and not obsolete. .No doubt i am really upgraded , not from 512 MB its from very long 128MB to 4 GB and Windows 95 to Windows 7 and VB to VB.Net.And that's not ego ... please smell a debate.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.