I would like to create a deployment project for my application. And my application need mysql as database, my deployment package will package the mysql installation. How to use VB.net to check whether mysql had been installed in the client PC and if not install, mysql installation will be initiated before my application instalation start. Hope to get reply with tips, sample code or guide on how to do this. THANK YOU !! :?:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Pretty broad, and large topic to provide information on. What have you got for code/tips already (not in detail). What instal software are you using (Wise Solutions Installer? Install Shield?) or do you plan to do this solely through VB.Net with some sort of MSI instal file?

I would like to create a deployment project for my application. And my application need mysql as database, my deployment package will package the mysql installation. How to use VB.net to check whether mysql had been installed in the client PC and if not install, mysql installation will be initiated before my application instalation start. Hope to get reply with tips, sample code or guide on how to do this. THANK YOU !! :?:

Why are you needing mysql installed on all of the local machines. This would create many servers, which can be a security risk. A major point of having a database server is to bring all of the data to a central location.

Chester

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.