Member Avatar for W1ND0W5

Hello Daniweb, it's me (again).
I am making a web browser app and would like to have a loading bar. I'm using the default ProgressBar control but I don't know how to program it! Help!
Thanks for your help,
-Toby
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you put in your two pence worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

And plus, we have coded our Quit button to play a sound then exit. It exits then plays no sound at all. This is our code:

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        Dim exitSound As String = "C:\stop.wav"
        If IO.File.Exists(exitSound) Then
            My.Computer.Audio.Play(exitSound)
        Else
            MsgBox("Application error. C:\stop.wav not found or corrupted. The app or file needs to be reinstalled.", MsgBoxStyle.Critical)
        End If
        Me.Close()
    End Sub
End Class

Use the .ProgressChanged Event of the Webbrowser you are using.

Private Sub WebBrowser1_ProgressChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserProgressChangedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.ProgressChanged
        ProgressBar1.Maximum = e.MaximumProgress
        ProgressBar1.Value = e.CurrentProgress
    End Sub

try this...

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
         Dim fSound as New FileInfo(exitSound)
         If IO.File.Exists(fSound) Then            
            My.Computer.Audio.Play(exitSound, AudioPlayMode.Background)
         Else
            MsgBox("Application error. C:\stop.wav not found or corrupted. The app or file needs to be reinstalled.", MsgBoxStyle.Critical)
         End If
         Me.Close()
      End Sub
      End Class

@codeorder: Thanks!
@codedude: Sorry, not working.

the same coding which you provided is working for me.I mean it plays sound.did you check its order of execution with breakpoint.?

And plus, we have coded our Quit button to play a sound then exit. It exits then plays no sound at all. This is our code:

If IO.File.Exists(exitSound) Then
            My.Computer.Audio.Play(exitSound)
        Else
        End If
        Me.Close()
    End Sub
End Class

Breakpoint? What's Breakpoint? And how do I access it from VB2010?

how to implement keyascii with timer like as typing tutor..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.