hi,

this is my connection string to connect to mdb file but i'm getting error as remark in red...
i create the password using open exclusive method and i generate the p/w. i guess its the way i connect using username and p/w but I have no idea what i have miss out on my code....anyone have idea on this !!

1)

myConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password=admin;User ID=123;Data Source=" & GEN_DB_NAME & "\POS.mdb" & ";")

2)

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & GEN_DB_NAME & "\POS.mdb";Jet OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;User ID=admin;Password=123;

error
Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.

if i use without a password on mdb its working fine...

' myConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & GEN_DB_NAME & "\POS.mdb" & ";")

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I think the problem is due to file permissions, are you opening the file with another program as you try to connect?.

i coded the application to insert to 3 tables in .mdb but this problem happens when i start using username and p/w on the connection string.....if i use without a password on mdb its working fine...

I think the Integrated Connection should be set to false when at authentication using Username and Password.

commented: tq +0

ya i got it...i think it should be something on my connection string....anyway will check it properly....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.