I am using vb 2008 express and having a problem adding a Maximize, Minimize or Cancel button to a MDI Form. The default icon does not display along with Minimize, Maximize or Cancel button although the Properties are set true. There is only a "none" option in the Cancel properties options. I suspect that the Icon file has been corrupted or somehow lost. I did a (*.ico) search for the default Icon that usually appears in the upper left corner of a Form and it did not appear in the results. I am not certain where these Icon files are located or if and how they can be restored if necessary. Any Help solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Surfing the web has not produced any results. So before I attempt to do something that I cant undo I am asking for s little help. Inform me if further info is needed.

Thanks In Advance

George

leo1937ca@aol.com

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I suggest you remove your e-mail address from your post and keep this on the site. Posting your e-mail like this is an invitation for viruses.

Now, back to your problem... I can't offer any assistance as MDI isn't my thing. What I can advise you is copy the project folder to a safe location, so if you do something you can't undo you'll have a backup of the project so far.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help. Best of luck with your project.

I am using vb 2008 express and having a problem adding a Maximize, Minimize or Cancel button to a MDI Form. The default icon does not display along with Minimize, Maximize or Cancel button although the Properties are set true. There is only a "none" option in the Cancel properties options. I suspect that the Icon file has been corrupted or somehow lost. I did a (*.ico) search for the default Icon that usually appears in the upper left corner of a Form and it did not appear in the results. I am not certain where these Icon files are located or if and how they can be restored if necessary. Any Help solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Surfing the web has not produced any results. So before I attempt to do something that I cant undo I am asking for s little help. Inform me if further info is needed.

Thanks In Advance

George

Member Avatar for Unhnd_Exception

Make sure your ControlBox property of the form is set to True and not False.

The CancelButton property is so you can set a button on the form to make the form return a Cancel dialog result when the button is pressed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.