I have a readonly datagridview that is bound to a datasource. It has two columns. Now I want the first column to have no cell borderstyle; and the second one to have 'All' (i.e. all sides of the cell shall have a border) as cell borderstyle. Before binding the datagridview to the datasource, I'm writing something like mentioned below but it's taking no effect. Assume the column in question is named DisplayName.

Dim newStyle As New DataGridViewAdvancedBorderStyle()
With newStyle
.Top = DataGridViewAdvancedCellBorderStyle.Single
.Left = DataGridViewAdvancedCellBorderStyle.Single
.Bottom = DataGridViewAdvancedCellBorderStyle.Single
.Right = DataGridViewAdvancedCellBorderStyle.Single
End With

DisplayName.CellTemplate.AdjustCellBorderStyle(newStyle, newStyle, True, True, True, True)

Please rectify or suggest a better way. Regards.

Private Sub dgvLegends_CellPainting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellPaintingEventArgs) Handles dgvLegends.CellPainting
        'Draw custom cell borders.
        'If current column is DisplayName...
        If dgvLegends.Columns("DisplayName").Index = e.ColumnIndex AndAlso e.RowIndex >= 0 Then
                Dim Brush As New SolidBrush(dgvLegends.ColumnHeadersDefaultCellStyle.BackColor)
                e.Graphics.FillRectangle(Brush, e.CellBounds)
                Brush.Dispose()
                e.Paint(e.CellBounds, DataGridViewPaintParts.All And Not DataGridViewPaintParts.ContentBackground)

ControlPaint.DrawBorder(e.Graphics, e.CellBounds, dgvLegends.GridColor, 1, ButtonBorderStyle.Solid, dgvLegends.GridColor, 1, ButtonBorderStyle.Solid, dgvLegends.GridColor, 1, ButtonBorderStyle.Solid, dgvLegends.GridColor, 1, ButtonBorderStyle.Solid)

e.Handled = True
        End If
    End Sub
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.