1.11M Members

How To Pop up Form

Hello !
i m developing a application i want that my notification form will pop up just like messengers , anti virus , and other applications forms pop from right bottom of the screen what can i do for it ,
i m using this code for it

Me.Location = New Point(Screen.PrimaryScreen.WorkingArea.Width, Screen.PrimaryScreen.WorkingArea.Height - Me.Height)

but its not working :(
Please guide me ,

Thanks in advance
Regards
M.Waqas Aslam

You are going to have to add a NotifyIcon to your form, and then set the BalloonTipText/Title and display it when needed

Dim NotifyIcon1 = New NotifyIcon()
NotifyIcon1.Visible = True 'You might want to do this on the form load event and hide it on form closing.
NotifyIcon1.Icon = New System.Drawing.Icon("path\to\ico\file.ico")
NotifyIcon1.BalloonTipText = "This is the Text for the balloon tip"
NotifyIcon1.BalloonTipTitle = "This is the Title for the balloon tip"
NotifyIcon1.ShowBalloonTip(x)'x being the amount of time the ballon tip is displayed

i did this in c#, and converted to vb, so might need some changes

i have a form ,having a button on it , i want that when i click on it , my form will show just like the messenger and antivirus and other applications show notifications , at right bottom of the screen , where we have time in taskbar , i dnt want to use the notification balloon .i want to show my form there.
hope this time my question is clear .

Regards
M.Waqas Aslam

ahhh now I understand.

You are going to have to change the location of the form you want to display.

so on the form load maybe? you can set the position like

Me.Left = X
Me.Top = Y

there is Right and bottom, but you can set them.

O and in future, you might not want to down vote a post of the only guy trying to help you...

Phoenix911 !
thanks for helping me :) , and i already used this

me.location = new point (x,y)

it works fine but if i change the screen resolution then :( its not works for me , if someone has screen resolution 1024* 768 , and i set my form location 1280*960 , then it will not work

no one is here ? :(

You can always check the screen resolution and then from there decided where to put it

Me.Location = New Point(Screen.PrimaryScreen.[B]Bounds[/B].Width, Screen.PrimaryScreen.[B]Bounds[/B].Height - Me.Height)

try this?

however you are going to have to change the width...

adjust to the following code

Me.Location = New Point(Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Width - Me.Width, Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Height - Me.Height)

The latter code works 100% for me

Nevermind,

You are going to have to set it

Me.Left = Screen.PrimaryScreen.WorkingArea.Width - Me.Width
Me.Top = Screen.PrimaryScreen.WorkingArea.Height - Me.Height;

Isn't it about time forums rewarded their contributors?

Earn rewards points for helping others. Gain kudos. Cash out. Get better answers yourself.

It's as simple as contributing editorial or replying to discussions labeled or OP Kudos

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: