Hello Friends,

Please help me in this....

I have created a project in VB.net and its working fine in my machine.

But when I provide the exe to my senior to test it shows the initialization error.

I came to know the reason that the error is because the microsoft .net framework is not updated in my seniors machine....

So there can be a possibility that the framework might not be updated on the client's machine as well....

So can anyone give me an idea as to when the user clicks on the exe file it should check that the microsoft framework is present and updated if not then the exe file should first prompt the user that the microsoft framework is needed and should be updated and start the installation....

I dont know if u all understood what I need...but please if anyone knows then please help me....

thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

What is ur way of deployement?

What is ur way of deployement?

Sorry I did not get ur question....

Are you using any packging tools or ur using Publish wizard in visual studio?.

Are you using any packging tools or ur using Publish wizard in visual studio?.

When we create a project the .exe file gets created in the Debug folder....so I am using the .exe file itself

I am not sure how ur Handling application for all clients. If application users are more in number its allways good to publish the application and place in server. However in ur case go to publish wizard select preRequisites and add ur framework so it will get placed in debug folder when u build the ap and it will refer from root path.

I am not sure how ur Handling application for all clients. If application users are more in number its allways good to publish the application and place in server. However in ur case go to publish wizard select preRequisites and add ur framework so it will get placed in debug folder when u build the ap and it will refer from root path.

I guess u did not get my question....

I am able to start my application and I dont actually want to publish it....it is a client side project no need of server....

It will be installed in one machine only at a time....

My problem is that...when the client will execute the exe file given to him....the .net framework wont be updated in his machine which is placed on the below path

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework

I want the startup process in such a way that when I click on the exe file it should check if the framework is updated else update the framework...

So I need to know how to proceed...

for eg...when we install any java related exe file...it always checks whether java and jdk is present in our machine else it will prompt the user that it is not installed and we need to istall it...and it starts the installation...same way i need for vb.net

I have understood ur problem. It was my suggetion to have published setup files server to so its easy to maintain. However u can add the framework in Prerequisites. So it will check for the framework version and installs.

I have understood ur problem. It was my suggetion to have published setup files server to so its easy to maintain. However u can add the framework in Prerequisites. So it will check for the framework version and installs.

I have never done this thing....

Can u please tell me how to proceed with it...
Can u also tell me how to publish the application....it will be a favor for me...plzzzz

Go to the project properties under that u could see Publish click on it. u could see button called Prereqisites click on it. u can choose the framework from there and see other options as well.

commented: its helped a lot.... +3

Go to the project properties under that u could see Publish click on it. u could see button called Prereqisites click on it. u can choose the framework from there and see other options as well.

Thank u very much......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.