hello forumerz ..
i have some issue here about my visual studio 2008..
the problem happen when i want to change example like ::

-change background picture for splash form then when i am debug the picture is still same
-Also have error when is compile "Error debug target is missing" wth! (1st time debug)

what i need to do .. uninstall it or have something to solve this prob?

help me guyz ... i really need it ..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

First of all, I recommend the newest stable release of Visual Studio which is 2012, Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate RC. But most still prefer 2010 since it can support Xna and individual Express Editions. I don't know why people still use Visual Studio 2008.
To your questions:
1 - Make sure you have the right code.
Assuming your picturebox's name is 'MyPictureBox'.
Assuming the image you want to present has the following address: "C:\Images\MyImage.png".
Let me just say you can always set the image of MyPictureBox from the properties window(in Designer Window).
This is the code you would use:

Private Sub MySplashSceen_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
  MyPictureBox.Image = Image.FromFile("C:\Images\MyImage.png")
  End Sub

2 - This is happening because when you debug your application, Visual Studio 2008 can't find the exe(or dll, but since dll can't be debugged, instead it will give a different error message).
-
Goto Projects in the top menu, then click properties.
Goto Build and goto Output at the bottom
Browse for the correct directory path(Default is "bin\debug\").
-
Or just Build the application.
Goto Build in the top menu, then click Build Solution.
I'm not sure about number 2 since I didn't actually check since I don't use 2008. I got it from another source.
This might be happening since Visual Studio 2008 doesnt re-build the application if it's the same when debugged. And if the executable file isn't found, you get that error.

i will try the new software but then i try to solve this problm 1st using your recomendation .....
i don't know... all myform get issue after i created this splash screen .. damn it

And also when iam using module had a problem too
example :-

After i am add the module
* then i want to change button text like from Enter to Submit then debug the "Enter" button still appear.

i don't know what happen with my VB ...

I don't know why people still use Visual Studio 2008.

Lots of reasons:
For example, I work in a company the customises Sage Software, at the moment there is no need for us to upgrade to 2010 or 2012 as the Sage software is written on .NET 3.5 - When sage move up to a new .NET framework then we'll upgrade...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.