Hello. I working on my Library software and I using database for my project. When i click save icon I save my record and when I close program and open it again, database is empty. All my records always gone! But when i create new project again and make new database it works fine. But i don't want to make this software again because is 95% finished. Is here any way to fix it without working on my program from start?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If your database is part of your project, be sure to set Copy To Output Directory to Copy If Newer if your database has initial data in it. If you are debugging the project and filling data, then rebuild, your database will always be overwitten. In that case, set the Copy To Output Directory to Never. Notice that when you add more tables to the database, it will not be copied.

commented: Thank you. You helped me a lot! I finaly fixed it! :D +0

could you post your codes on the 'save button' here so we could take a look at it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.