Group,

Via Visual Studio 2010, I've created a SQL Server database with the appropriate fields, data types, etc. I'm now ready to begin some testing, however I need to put some information in those datafields. I'm having trouble doing this.

I DID NOT set the tables to display in the DataGridView. I did a manual setup so that I could arrange the textboxes as needed. By this I mean that I displayed the Data Source and drug the fields onto the form one at a time. In doing so, VS2010 added the following code:

Private Sub InventoryMasterBindingNavigatorSaveItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles InventoryMasterBindingNavigatorSaveItem.Click
        Me.Validate()
        Me.InventoryMasterBindingSource.EndEdit()
        Me.TableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(Me.BusinessBasicsDataSet)

In "Debug" mode, I've tried to enter the first bits of data (this will be inventory). As required, I pressed the "plus" button at the top of the form to start the first record. I entered the needed data and hit the "save" button at the top. Nothing seemed to happen. I tried pressing the plus key again to add a second part. It wouldn't allow it.

What did I do wrong? To begin testing my program, I've got to have a handful of part records to work with.

Help!!

In advance, thanks for the assistance.

Don

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.