Hi!I have a project with me which contains this html editor user control designed by someone else. I want to use this control in my project but I don't know how to copy it to my project.

Please help me.

Attached is the project from which I need to copy the user control. Please help me. Its very urgent.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

The simplest is probably to load the project in the HTMLEditorControl folder by itself, then build it. The result should be a .dll in the debug or release folder. this can now be added through the choose item option in the toolbox context menu. Just browse to the folder with the file.

But I cannot find a way to browse my files to reach that dll file.
I am sorry I am a beginner and trying to learn on my own.

I did what you said but got the following errors when i tried to run:

Error 2 Type 'Microsoft.ConsultingServices.HtmlEditor.HtmlEditorControl' is not defined. C:\Users\pc\Desktop\PROJECT\project codes\apnaHTMLmahan\apnaHTMLmahan\Form2.Designer.vb 25 37 apnaHTMLmahan

Error 5 Type 'Microsoft.ConsultingServices.HtmlEditor.HtmlEditorControl' is not defined. C:\Users\pc\Desktop\PROJECT\project codes\apnaHTMLmahan\apnaHTMLmahan\Form2.Designer.vb 51 45 apnaHTMLmahan

Warning 1 The referenced assembly "HtmlEditorControl" could not be resolved because it has a dependency on "System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which is not in the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client". Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project. apnaHTMLmahan

Error 3 'ConsultingServices' is not a member of 'Microsoft'. C:\Users\pc\Desktop\PROJECT\project codes\apnaHTMLmahan\apnaHTMLmahan\Form2.Designer.vb 34 48 apnaHTMLmahan

I just loaded it in my VS2010 and after the conversion process and makling sure the framework target was 4.0 it loaded and built fine. I was also able to load the control into a new form

How do you load the control into a new form? Please tell me the steps

with the new form already created and the design window showing, right-click on the toolbox and select 'Choose Items'. In the .net tab is a browse button. click this and find the htmleditorcontrol.dll. Once you open this the control will appear in the list and will be checked. press OK and it will be in your toolbox. From there add it like any other control.

did a little experimenting. Apparently converting to VS2010 creates more problems when you try to run it. A work around that I found is to use VB2008 Express(I found VS Studio Express here), to build the control then I added it the toolbox of a VS2010 project.

I had to
-make sure the Framework target is 4.0 and not Client Profile
-import System.Web and Microsoft.ConsultingServices.HtmlEditor
-copy the other .dll's in the bin\debug folder of the control project(AxInterop.SHDocVw.dll and Interop.SHDocVw.dll) to the debug folder of the VS2010 project.

I did some simple testing and it seems to work OK.

where do you import microsoft.consultingserivices.htmleditor?

its still saying that consulting services is not part of microsoft!!

the imports statement goes at the very top of your code, before anything else Intellisense should prompt as you type.

Can you help me to make a simple editor? How do i customize a toolstrip after adding it from the toolbar?

What version of VS are you using?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.