Greetings People of Daniweb!

I'm trying to add a 3rd party control to a form and I'm getting the following message:

**Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.SyntheticConfigSettings' to type 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.ContainerModel.ITypeRegistrationsProvider' **

Does anyone have any idea why this could happen? Any searches I tried on google brings back nothing about Winforms but instead seams to be focused on Web Service Software Factory (WSSF,) and mentions differences in versions of EntLib.

I don't have any references to Entlib in my project, any ideas how I find what version I have? And do I need to add a reference in my Project?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm wondering if the control was designed for a different version of .net.

In your case, it looks like the method the control is trying to access is using different arguments in your version of .net than the one the control was designed in, and it can't cast the object supplied into the object that's required.

Hi,

It was the same version of .Net, but they were extra references I did have to include in the project (that I was not told about) once I added them it all started working

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.