Hi I need help with something, I really don't know how to do this, but how would I add these questions in to VBA? could somebody tell me for atleast one.

The net take-home income and other values are calculated as follows:
1) Calculate CPP and EI
If annual income is greater than $48,600, then
EI = $913.68 Otherwise EI = annual income * 1.88%

If annual income is greater than $49,000, then
CPP = $2425.50 Otherwise CPP = annual income * 4.95%

2) Calculate Federal Tax on taxable income (taxable income = annual income – CPP – EI)
 15% on the first $43,953 of taxable income, +
 22% on the next $43,954 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over
$43,953 up to $87,907), +
 26% on the next $48,363 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over
$87,907 up to $136,270), +
 29% of taxable income over $136,270.

3) Calculate Provincial Tax on taxable income (taxable income = annual income – CPP – EI)
 5.05% on the first $40,120 of taxable income, +
 9.15% on the next $40,122 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over
$40,120 up to $80,242), +
 11.16% on the next $433,848 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income
over $80,242 up to $514,090), +
 13.16 % on the amount over $514,090

4) Calculate Annual Net Take-home Income and other…
Total Tax = Federal Tax – Provincial Tax
Net Take-home = annual Income – CPP – EI – Total Tax
Monthly Take-home = Net Take-home / 12
Bi-weekly Take-home = Net Take-home / 26
Weekly Take-home = Net Take-home / 52

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'll help you to get started. Create a variable for each final result you want to calculate. Use if-then-else if-else statements as appropriate.

Your tasks. Find out:

1. What is an integer?
  2. What is a double?
  3. What data types should you use?
  4. How do you write an "if" statement? How do you include "else if", and "else"?
  5. Do you need to use parentheses to affect order of computation?

You didn't specify where or how much is the income so you can't calculate something which is null, what you need to do is as cgeier has said and also make sure to be clear on every part you will use for calculation but what you have said so far is the calculation just that you need to change otherwise to Else, also identify or specify where and how much will be the income, you can link the income using TextBox so that you can type it on the textbox, I would also like to help you on this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.