Hi! This is my Gridview1 and I wanted to get the value of the recid column using the GridView1_RowEditing method

<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" 
            AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" 
            DataKeyNames="RECID" AutoGenerateDeleteButton="True" 
            AutoGenerateEditButton="True">
            <Columns>
                <asp:CommandField ShowSelectButton="True" />
                <asp:BoundField DataField="RECID" HeaderText="RECID" InsertVisible="False" 
                    SortExpression="RECID" />
                <asp:BoundField DataField="DOCUMENT_NUMBER" HeaderText="DOCUMENT_NUMBER" 
                    SortExpression="DOCUMENT_NUMBER" />
                    </Columns>
        </asp:GridView>

Please help me, I know that the Gridview1 would be editable using the same Gridview, but I wanted to redirect the Edit Form to another page which has a better design or interface.

Thanks! :)

If you have 2 forms on you can create the variables that will hold the connection, data and pass it to the second form and perform the edit method from there, or simple on the first form if you click the record you want to edit and click your edit button you can pass the record to the second form and on the second form you will need to open connection and use the record info to edit the correct record.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.