Member Avatar for ChristosK

Hello
How i can read the motherboad model using code in vb?
I write a program in ms access and i want to read/confirm the motherbord model on startup.
Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Look into something called WMI. It might be able to help you.

Look into something called WMI. It might be able to help you.

Hello
I think you try to study API function becuse that is the only way to get such OK

as james said you should to using wmi (Windows Management Instrumentation).
i have a simple prog to read motherboard model but i m do with vb.net. if you want, i'll post it for you.

commented: great link +1

Hello Jx_Man please if you have pls could you send it to me and how can i get useful resourse on wmi.

Are you interested in just ID or MB type? I mean do you want protect code or something else?

Hello Jx_Man
I woould like to see your program so please post it.
Thanks a lot.

Are you interested in just ID or MB type? I mean do you want protect code or something else?

That's right VIeditorlover
I want the program to run only on a specific pc, so I thought that it would be ok if I could read the board's model on startup. Is trere any other way to do this?
Thanks

Hi ChristosK...
Sorry i must to convert this program into vb.net cause it build in c# before. sorry if this program not perfect. u can develop this program to read other hardware info. look into link which i given to you yesterday, that link will help u much.

Daniweb.zip

OK. Hope This helps.

hi VIeditorlover...
are you have other program to read mb info?? i would like to know too. :)

im looking for the one that reads the motherboard model, but i have come across this thread.. maybe this could be a little help to you guys...
Click me

oh... same logic like my prog... ChristosK, you can rewrite a program in vb6 like my prog. see the posted link by cometburn, its like my prog.
great finding cometburn.:)

Thanks Jx_Man! =)

Yes, you can try this trick (originally invented by authors of certain wide spreaded messenger program) - in 32bit version of The System is allowed backward compatibility to 16bit programs. These programs may read physical memory under 1MB range (!) so you can read all ROM BIOS. The only thing what you need is write short 16bexe/com app which reads 64kB block from B800:0000 and save it to disk (piece of cake isn't it?) and compute CRC file saved.

Yes, you can try this trick (originally invented by authors of certain wide spreaded messenger program) - in 32bit version of The System is allowed backward compatibility to 16bit programs. These programs may read physical memory under 1MB range (!) so you can read all ROM BIOS. The only thing what you need is write short 16bexe/com app which reads 64kB block from B800:0000 and save it to disk (piece of cake isn't it?) and compute CRC file saved.

looks great, can you provide an example please?

create file "c:\test.com":

B4 3C BA 25 01 B9 00 00 CD 21 8B D8 B4 40 1E BA
00 F0 8E DA BA 00 00 B9 FF FF CD 21 B4 3E CD 21
1F B4 4C CD 21

and append desired file name + 00 e.g. for
C:\U it is:

43 3A 5C 55 00

im looking for the one that reads the motherboard model, but i have come across this thread.. maybe this could be a little help to you guys...
Click me

Bull's eye cometburn
your link solved my problem

If you change the
sAns = sAns & obj.SerialNumber

with this
sAns = sAns & obj.product

then you have the board's model..

Thanks a lot
Thank you all guys for your interest

Glad to help!

u can use a same logic to read other hardware info.

commented: sight +4

Hi ChristosK...
Sorry i must to convert this program into vb.net cause it build in c# before. sorry if this program not perfect. u can develop this program to read other hardware info. look into link which i given to you yesterday, that link will help u much.

Daniweb.zip

OK. Hope This help

This Was very use full for me!!!

Thanks very much

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.