Hi,

I have been struggling to design a form, so that the form can be escalated from person A to person B, then person B to person C and so forth automatically. The person A only needs to click at a button (exp: confirmed?), then the form will be sent to person B. The person B will be receiving a message regarding his/her turn to view the form. Same message will be appeared for the following recipients. The recipients will be arranged by other organizer/initiator before A can view it.

I know that this sounds silly since normal operation (more tedious) can perform the same task too. I want to create more friendly system so that the users only need to click a button and it performs. I believe that M. Access is able to do this operation by using Macro. Can someone help me in developing this code? I have almost developed the form, only left with this type of escalation.

Your help is much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Put this in a command button or Macro then call macro from command button:

Dim Msg, Style, Title, Help, Ctxt, Response, MyString
Msg = "Do you wish to proceed?"
Style = vbYesNo + vbCritical + vbDefaultButton2
Title = "This will complete this record and send an email"
Ctxt = 1000
Response = MsgBox(Msg, Style, Title, Help, Ctxt)
If Response = vbYes Then

Dim strbody As String

strbody = "Message Details:" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
              "Variable #1:           " & var1 & vbNewLine & _
              "Variable #2            " & var2 & vbNewLine & _
              "Variable #3            " & var3 & vbNewLine & _
              "Variable #4            " & var4 & vbNewLine & _
              "Variable #5            " & var5 & vbNewLine & _
              "Variable #6            " & var6

DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , "email@domain.com", "cc@domain.com", , "Subject Line " & var1, strbody, False
DoCmd.Close
End If

Thanks for your help.

I have tried to put in the Macro code, but it does not work. It did not perform anything when i click the button. If I am the one who assign all the email address of recipients, do I need to key in all the address first in different field? So that when I send to person A, he/she can escalate to other person B without coming back to me?

Thank you in advance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.