Can anybody help me in filling an Access database table in one field
from a serial port using VB 6.0.Data coming from the serial port can be seen in the VB text box line by line.I want to store every line under a field and can manipulate.How can i use MSComm command ? Can this command work -for example 'Data2.RecordSource = Text1.Text' .

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

from a serial port using VB 6.0.Data coming from the serial port can be seen in the VB text box line by line.I want to store every line under a field and can manipulate.How can i use MSComm command ? Can this command work -for example 'Data2.RecordSource = Text1.Text'

from a serial port using VB 6.0.Data coming from the serial port can be seen in the VB text box line by line.I want to store every line under a field and can manipulate.How can i use MSComm command ? Can this command work -for example 'Data2.RecordSource = Text1.Text'

Eh?! What's the point repeating the words of the OP?

MSComm32 control can be used for serial port communication and for database handling (MS Access), you may use ADODB.

it is possible to access data from serial port
eg

text1.text=mscom1.input.

data appeared in the serial port now in text box1.U can save this value as like normal data
It is better to use this code in on com event of comport

i want to store the data on website into database by using vb6. can anyone tel ? any rply will helpful for me. thanx advance.

please start your own thread in the appropriate forum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.