Dear Dani,

i don't know how to link VB 6 into the data base MS Access
would you please give me a simple procedure or just a simple instructions how to do that..

Thanks for Helping

God Bless........

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Add reference to ADODB and then create objects . Then you just need to play with those.

Add reference to ADODB and then create objects . Then you just need to play with those.

most of the people have problems in understanding linking of vb6 to access neither am i able to do it. would you help me understand?

Ahhh!!! Another necrophiliac, necromonger, necromancer!!! It raises the dead!!! Ahhh!!!!

All kidding aside chupa charles, it is not nice to raise the dead threads. It gives people the willys!

Please, in the future, if you need to reference another thread, copy its url into your new thread.

Now, to answer your question. Use the data form wizard, of which you will find under add-ins>add-in manager. Load it up and follow the wizard and I suggest that you use every combination of form with control/code/class against one of the databases where you have vb installed like biblio.mdb. Then save this project for future reference.

Good Luck

please tell us how we link vb form with ms access

Hi,
I hope you will learn a lot from my sample attached.

Thankx

Dear Dani,

i don't know how to link VB 6 into the data base MS Access
would you please give me a simple procedure or just a simple instructions how to do that..

Thanks for Helping

God Bless........

you find in goolge, How to bind VB6 to ACcess

can anybody help please??? i want to know coding for scan for visual basic..pleasee

db.ConnectionString = "provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;data source=f:\vb\base.mdb;Persist Security info=false"
db.Open

i have doubt about this syndex plz clarify?
this syndex error is coming.

db.ConnectionString = "provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;data source=f:\vb\base.mdb;Persist Security info=false"
db.Open

Private Sub Command1_Click()
 Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
 Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
 Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
 Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
 On Error GoTo myerror
 cn.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & App.Path & "\Database_name.mdb;Persist Security Info=false"
 cn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
 cn.Open
 rs.Open "SELECT * FROM table_name", cn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic, 0

MsgBox "Total record in table " & rs.RecordCount

rs.Close
 cn.Close
Exit Sub
myerror:
 MsgBox Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description, vbOKOnly + vbExclamation, "button click: " & Erl
End Sub

here is simple code to count record of ur table n
by using Recordset u can play with lots many things

you must connect your library first before you use it,

dim cn as new adodb.connection
Set cn = New ADODB.connection
cn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & App.Path & "\myDatabase.mdb;Persist Security Info=False;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=smiojt"

it's with ADO connection

first you must have Access.mdb
then add your project component
choose Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0 (SP6)(OLEDB)

add adodc to your form then open ADODC properties and
build your Connection String.
or do like shweta102030 or ryan311

hi.i am new to dis vb6..can u pls sujjest me how to link vb6 wid access??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.