hi guyzz, i wanted to have two connection using access and mysql in my proj. my access was my main db connection and what ever data in my access will store directly in mysql db when their is internet connection...

I declared 2 fuction connection but my problem is the switching of the recordset. "OpenRS" and "OpenRS2"

i declared "OpenRS" in every table in Access but my second connection is "OpenRS2" for my mysql.. how can i use the OpenRS2 in saving that will no change in every code in every forms.

any help or comment will appreciated........... thx in advance..

jaa

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

instead of hard coding the recordset object open and close that dynamically through a sub procedure.

commented: thxx for helping me alway ......^_^ +1

thxxx for the idea dude.......

dude..........any detailed information... i tried everything but i cant do exactly the code..

any code that can give me idea...?????

or any cluess again........

thxx for viewing my thread....

mySQl connection string (requires a mysqlODBC driver)

Public Const sqlCon = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER=<Server address>;DATABASE=<Database name>;USER=user;PASSWORD=password;OPTION=3"

Access Connection string

sqlCon = "PROVIDER= MICROsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;persist security info=false;data source=" & App.Path & "\Database.mdb"

hope this helps

commented: galing ng pinoy...heheh... slamat s info +1

wow pinoy...... thx dude.. for the idea..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.