:) Hi Masters,
I m creating a project of VB to Access conectivity.
I need that i want store data in server,
there is 5 PC server-client networking.How can i write Program in VB to STORE DATA IN
SERVER
.I m totaly blank for this problem.

:'( Please Help me to Solve this problem.
In my city there is no person Knows the solution of this problem please help me

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

you can use MySQL to store/show your data that you get from VB.. have all 5 pcs connect to 1 mysql server database using vb6(ado)

you need to specify the name / ip of the server in the connection string also.

you need to specify the name / ip of the server in the connection string also.

Thanks But I still don't know The formate of the connection string and how to write path of the network database which is stored in server

you can try the window socket programming to transfer the data to be saved in database from client to server. the server will be just listenting the client and as soon as client request using window socket. transfer the data. the server will contain the database i.e mdb and you can save data from client to mdb in server

Thanks But I still don't know The formate of the connection string and how to write path of the network database which is stored in server

please find all that here .

Hi Masters,

I m creating a project of VB to Access conectivity.
I need that i want store data in server, there is 5 PC server-client networking. How can i write Program in VB to STORE DATA IN SERVER. I'm totaly blank for this problem.

Please Help me to Solve this problem.
In my city there is no person Knows the solution of this problem please help me

You need to store the database file in the server with write access to other systems. Then you need to point to the server DB file location from client machines to work with the DB.

hi ,, i want to use vb project in lan ,
please help me ,
thaks

sajahan9999,
Post your thread as New thread with more details about your project.
Thanks

Sajahan, I see that you are a new poster, welcome. Could you however start a new thread with your question, because this is a very old thread already. In your NEW thread, give us some more information on what you need help with, i.e. connection to database on server, what kind of database are you using etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.