Hi everyone, I'm shreya. I'm doing my bca (bachelor in computer applications)-4th sem. I'm required to do a mini project on dbms using msaccess and backend as vb. I'd be glad if you can suggest a project. I have 3 months to complete this project. I hope I'll get a reply. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 35 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm shreya. I'm doing my bca (bachelor in computer applications)-4th sem. I'm required to do a mini project on dbms using msaccess and backend as vb. I'd be glad if you can suggest a project. I have 3 months to complete this project. I hope I'll get a reply. Thanks

You can do a Student Database project in which student personal details such as Name, address, registration number with yr. etc and academical details such year of admission, year of passing, marks in different subjects and in diff. semester will be stored in database.Also searching facility and making report facility should be added.

Thanks!..I was just thinking of doing a db for insurance..what do you think. I know it is quite vast..but then I thought i'd include only a few of them..like motor insurance,fire and marine insurance. Any suggestions...plz post them. Again..thanks.

An Insurence project will be a vast one and you have to include so many thinks. By the way, how much time you have in your hand for this project?
If you have enough time you can think of Insurence project becasuse it will be good one, but if u donot have enough time u should do the student database project.

Hi,

I've got 3 months time. And I know it is a vast field..but then..i just thought of covering, motor insurance, marine, and fire insurance. Will it be too difficult?

Hi,

I've got 3 months time. And I know it is a vast field..but then..i just thought of covering, motor insurance, marine, and fire insurance. Will it be too difficult?

The answer is very easy,and i hope you started already.If you understand something about insurance,so why not?
As long you're doing a good analyze of the needs,and 3 month time could be enough.

Whatever you do, DON'T include a field for the social security number. It should be illegal to use it for such purposes.

Hi !!!

I m jai.I m doin Engg in the field of IT.This sem we have to do a DBMS mini project.I have thought of doin it on Insurance.

Pls help me in its case study.

Hi Shreya,
Front End Will Be VB And BackEnd Will be DBMS

What Type Of Help Do u Want....
Do You Want The Database Design or GUI Designs Or Requirement Design

Regards
MaheshSayani

Her last post regarding the project was Dec 30th 2004, I bet she's finished with it by now.

Guys i'm in 2nd yr comp engg. i need a dbms project. can anyone upload it?? any topic will do.. just need a damn project..

for my AS Computing coursework i did an ms access 2003 database with vb.net frontend for a make believe examination board. It holds centres students, exams, examiners, grades, calculates payroll and certificates etc... and is a great example of a complex relational database at work

always interesting is a hardware database
where al the hardware can be stored
big companies love db's like that
also with the possibilities for storing software versions and licenses

u could try ... normal things like .... Hotel mangmt or hospital mngmt .... but the bottom line is u need to put a lot of effort as these things look easy on the face but can get quite confusing and lengthy in the end.

And i suppose u hve confused up sumthin there..... VB needs to b da front end not the backend

Cheers

hi i'm vijay doing final year mca, i got to do a project in visual basic with any backend. Can anyone suggest me where can i get the project ?

Hey Vijay MCA from which college ... Which university ?

i'm doing mca in madras university through distant education. i got to submit the project on 16th of july but the project should be a bit big. since this is my final year project.

i need an entire mini project including codings based on application side( hotel bookings, reservations,.......and similar projects.
WITH VB+MS ACCESS
OR
WITH VB +SQL COMBINATION
THANKU

i need an entire mini project including codings based on application side( hotel bookings, reservations,.......and similar projects.
WITH VB+MS ACCESS
OR
WITH VB +SQL COMBINATION
THANKU
IT WOULD BE BETTER IF I RECEIVE BY 14 JULY

Member Avatar for nabzadeni

Hey everyone.....Nabeel Adeni here....m doin ma Engg.(IT) at Hyderabad,India.....i m required to do a "Mini Project" for my 2nd semester... I can choose from my3 core subjects- Micro Electronic Circuits, Data structures and Electrical Engg..... So I 'd be greatful to U if U can suggest a project for me pertaining to the above topics.. Looking fwd for ur response...Thank You !!!

You want to do that using VB 6.0 ???

Member Avatar for nabzadeni

You want to do that using VB 6.0 ???

I am not too sure of VB 6.0 ..... so can U suggest me something else ??

Micro Electronic Circuits and Electrical Engineering sound as if you would be using the serial port (not one of VB6s strong points) or writing embedded applications for that wouldnt something like C or Assembley be more appropriate?

Micro Electronic Circuits and Electrical Engineering sound as if you would be using the serial port (not one of VB6s strong points) or writing embedded applications for that wouldnt something like C or Assembley be more appropriate?

I think VB can do that too but I don't know how :icon_cheesygrin: Did you see waynespangler and keith here, Looks like they don't visit here these past few days or maybe a month :icon_cheesygrin: they are good in that problem... but they are active in the other site maybe I'll call them to visit here

HI Shreya, I m Santosh . i m in TE(IT) in Sinhgad college,Pune. I also have to do a project in DBMS. But my backend is Oracle and Front end is VB. I suggest u dat dont use VB as backend . Use it as front end.
I can suggest u some topics:
1.Library Sytem 2.Construction mgmt. 3.Banking policies 4.Cyber cafe

Friends I want suggestion on topics in DBMS miniprojects. Please i need quick reply. We hav a group of 4 students.

Haya all

My name is gert, I LOVE programing and tought myself VB from having a small course in java...

I just get programing and I love it... It realy is in my blood. At the moment my finansual situation does not alow me to buy my own VB cd's so I can not do my programing.

I used to use a famaly friends VB but he got rid of his things wen he moved overseas.... He did not think to leve me VB.

I realy enjoi making programs and I get into interesting code and learn every day.

I want to BEGG EVERY ONE OF YOU to PLEASE help me in getting a coppie of VB as I would LOVE to continue working and maby trie and make some good codes.

PLEASE people as fellow programing lovers I hope that you understand the joy that comes with programing and making great codes. PLEASE help me I BEGG YOU!

I miss programing.... Please help.

If you buy SAMS VB6 in 24 hours book you get VB6 WM free. In the WM edition you cant make .exe files to share but you cab run the programs from within VB itself.

VB.NET express is free too

hi everyone, i am neha.
i am doing engg in IT field and i am currently in 2nd year
we need to do a mini project using vb as frontend and sql as backend
i have four weeks to submit the project ...
I liked the idea of student database project but plz can someone help me out with its code and Gui screen designs .. atleast for a start..
i would be glad if somebody can help me out . plz its urgent !!!
Looking forward for a reply
if possible mail me at sweetgirl_tech@yahoo.com

Hey hi this is payal here
I need a project on students exam management in which front-end is visual basic 6.0 and backend is oracle .
i need the project urgntly .
plz any body could help me out by sending the whole project plz its urgent. i wiil be very thankful plzz

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.