Hi, plz help me....
I'm working in VB 6.0 with Access
I have got a problem,
Adodc1.RecordSource = "select * from marks where roll = 710028" 'It's working.... but
Adodc1.RecordSource = "select * from marks where roll = troll.text" 'It's not working....

plz help me....

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Adodc1.RecordSource = "select * from marks where roll = " & troll.text 'will work now....

Also, in the future, do not necropost or highjack a thread as you have done both here. Instead, if you need to, copy the older threads url into your brand spanking new thread as a reference...

Good Luck

Thank you, It's working good.

It's working in Integer...all numbers
but It's not working in string...

Thanks again for your help

I got this, thanks

Please mark it as resolved if your problem is solved, jakariaal.

Hi, plz help me....
I'm working in VB 6.0 with Access
I have got a problem,
Adodc1.RecordSource = "select * from marks where roll = 710028" 'It's working.... but
Adodc1.RecordSource = "select * from marks where roll = troll.text" 'It's not working....

plz help me....

I cannot help you but maybe you can help me. I have recently upgraded a large MSAccess database from 2000 to 2007. I cannot now run my visual basic programs which read the database and write web pages.

How do I connect to/open the database?

ShellEddie, it is not nice to highjack someone elses thread as you have done...

Your problem, if you are using ADO, is more than likely your connection string, so go over to http://www.connectionstrings.com to correct yours. Now, if using DAO, that is your problem, DAO does not recognize the database format above 2k...

PS. I'm flagging your post as a bad post because of your highjacking. In the future, if you need to reference someone elses thread, or an older thread (called necroposting), copy its URL into your brand new thread...

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.