Member Avatar
OsheRono
Newbie Poster
11 posts since Jan 2010
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Greetings,

I have been cracking my skull all weekend trying to find a solution to this, and I have no idea how to search as I'm not sure what to search for (I have performed a search, but it didn't show what I was looking for, hence, the post).

I have the following query in access 2002:

SELECT BDC_Piece_Defaut.Type_Defaut, Count(BDC_Piece_Defaut.Type_Defaut) AS Instances
FROM BDC_Piece_Defaut INNER JOIN BDC_Compresseur ON BDC_Piece_Defaut.ID_Intervention = BDC_Compresseur.ID_Intervention
WHERE (((BDC_Piece_Defaut.Type_Piece)=[Reports]![RptPieceDefaut]![rsubPiecePeriode]![Pieces]) AND ((BDC_Compresseur.Compresseur)=[Reports]![RptPieceDefaut]![Compresseur]))
GROUP BY BDC_Piece_Defaut.Type_Defaut
ORDER BY Count(BDC_Piece_Defaut.Type_Defaut) DESC;

Now if I replace the parts of the query referencing a report or subreport, I get information. The report has two subsections, The main detailing machine name and # of times it has been repaired, the first subsection details each part and the # of times it has been fixed, and the second subsection details the type of faults each part was taken in for. The main report is controlled via vba code; the user specifies whether to search one or all machines, and for which dates. The first sub report is related to the main report; it shows all machine parts (which belong to said machine). I have no issues with these two.

The third section, is the second sub report, which is a subreport within the first subreport, which details the fault type (and # of times it occurred) by machine part. In order to list the fault type correctly, the sub report obtains two variables: the first being the machine part name (Compresseur) contained in the main report (RptPieceDefaut), and the part name (Pieces, at least that is what I named the field in the subreport) contained in the subreport (rsubPiecePeriode). Whenever I try to open the report, a dialog window keeps asking me to input the value for "Pieces"...

I have tried several things, checking if the code was wrong, to no avail. Any ideas as to why this isn't working? I have to include this report as it is part of my end of studies internship, needless to say, I'm rather stressed.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: