hi.
uhm. im having a problem with coding such conditional statement that would check if a certain input contains a certain subs tring.
for example. i have a text box that is used for the user to input a string. (0,1)
then i have a command button to determine if the string inputted contains a sub string of '1' on the 3rd position. if the inputted string includes '1' at the third position then a label would display "accepted!" if not, "not accepted"

eg.
input | output
000101 not accepted
001001 accepted
011010 accepted
11001 not accepted

thankyou so much for the help :)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Post your code. So we can fix it.

Look up the MID, LEFT, RIGHT and INSTR commands.

Waltp is exactly right. You have to use MID command.

Such as an example with this:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
if Mid(text1.text, 3, 1) = 1 then
label1.caption = "Accepted!"
else
label1.caption = "Not accepted!"
end if
end sub

"The number "3" on the right side of the text1.text pertains to the position of the input text(3rd position)

Waltp is exactly right. You have to use MID command.

Such as an example with this:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
else
end if
end sub

"The number "3" on the right side of the text1.text pertains to the position of the input text(3rd position)

thanks.but what happens is here is that the conditions waiting for an input of 1 before it says not accepted. it would be better if the labels caption of not accepted would change as soon as the 3rd sub string of 0 is inputted.

thanks.but what happens is here is that the conditions waiting for an input of 1 before it says not accepted. it would be better if the labels caption of not accepted would change as soon as the 3rd sub string of 0 is inputted.

Ohh i see, then you have to put the code instead in the textbox itself and not with the command button.

For example:

Private Sub Text1_Change()
else
end if
end sub

Try it! :)

Ohh i see, then you have to put the code instead in the textbox itself and not with the command button.

For example:

Private Sub Text1_Change()
else
end if
end sub

Try it! :)

thanks!!

You're welcome! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.