Hi,
I just completed a project in VB6. It was running smoothly when I tested it on my console, i.e. development PC. Then, I created a setup file of it using the InstallShield Wizard and tried to run it on a fresh test PC. The setup completed successfully but when I launched the exe file, it gave me the error "Runtime Error 429 - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object"..
Help plz...

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

What object is it not able to create? e.g. Word? Excel? PDF? etc...

When I've seen this kind of error before, it's usually one of two things:

1. The ActiveX object wasn't registered properly--or simply doesn't exist.
  2. The application was built with reference to a version of the ActiveX object with a different class ID.

I'd look at #1 first--which ActiveX components are you using, and are they all installed on the test PC?

As gusano mentioned, the object was not registered properly. Find out what active x it is, copy it to your windows system32 folder (win SysWOW folder in win7), click on run from youir start menu, type in regsvr32 and the active x name and click on ok. If using win 7, run cmd (as admin) and type in regsvr32 and the FULL path and the ocx name and press enter, i.e.

regsvr32 mshflxgrd.ocx OR WIN7 - regsvr32 c:/MyFULLPathHere/mshflxgrd.ocx

As soon as I launch the exe file, I get the error 429. I manually registered all the associated dlls and ocx using the regsvr32 command but couldn't rectify the problem. Since, the error occurs as soon as I launch the file, I am unable to guess as to which part of the code should be referred.

Find out what active x it is

am using "Microsoft Activex Data Objects 2.8 Library". I found out for the file in the test PC and registered it using regsvr32 but still the problem continues..

found that the problem could be due to Crystal Report ocx file as the ocx is not getting registered using regsvr32. It shows an error that "LoadLibrary "Crystl32.ocx" failed - The specified module could not be found". However when I checked system32 for the file I found the ocx over there. Thinking it might be corrupt, I replaced it, but still am unable to register it.
what u think..??
Help plz..

searching around, came across the following...

The most common reason the Crystl32.ocx will not register is that it is missing one or more dependencies.
To register the crystl32.ocx make sure the following dependencies are present on your machine, then the OCX will register.

crystl32.ocx Dependencies
ADVAPI32.DLL
COMCTL32.DLL
COMDLG32.DLL
CRPE32.DLL
GDI32.DLL
IMPLODE.DLL
MFC42.DLL
MSVCRT.DLL
MSVCRT20.DLL
OLE32.DLL
OLEAUT32.DLL
OLEDLG.DLL
OLEPRO32.DLL
USER32.DLL
VERSION.DLL

2 of the above mentioned dlls were missing in my case. Copying them to system32 folder helped me in successfully registering the Crystl32.ocx and yupp this resolved my error 429.
alas testing successful n am relaxed..
tk cr.. :-)

Hello

Runtime error 429 is one of common error when you are open any software or other application, I have also faced this issue when I was opening any application and I searched out it and found a solution from web. I am sharing this solution with all of PC users, so follow this solution to fix your runtime error 429 on your PC. I got this solution from error 429.

Follow the procedure given below to do so:
Close all active programs
Click Windows Start button
Type CMD in Search box and press ENTER
You will see a Command Prompt window, type Regsvr32 command, For example, if OCX file name is vbalexpbar6.ocx then type regsvr32 vbalexpbar6.ocx
Press ENTER key on keyboard to process the command
Type EXIT and press ENTER after processing the command
You are done; error code 429 has been fixed

Well, I believe your problem is kinda related with corrupt OS files, incorrect system settings and so on. What you have to do is simply check system files for corruption, restore your machine to an earlier date. Use a hotfix available and if doesn't work go with the other options. Follow the steps given below until your problem is completely resolved. The steps given below can be used for System File Checker and System Restore.

Use System File Checker:

1. Insert Windows installation disc.
  2. Click the Start button.
  3. Point to All Programs | Accessories.
  4. Select Run.
  5. Type the following:
    CMD
  6. Press ENTER.
  7. In the Command Prompt dialog type following command:
    SFC /SCANNOW
  8. After the process is successfully performed, type EXIT and press ENTER. Reboot your machine for the changes to take effects.

Use System Restore:

1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools.
  2. Select System Restore.
  3. A wizard opens.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Select a previous restore point.
  6. Confirm the action and follow the on-screen instructions.

Runtime error 429 is very common error which occur due to the ActiveX error it means your system warning you to that your computer have corrupted activex file. so you have to fix this error as soon as possible with the help of windows repair tool.

Sometimes for Crystal Reports to work correctly you have to have administrative access to the PC in order to create the objects and register the OCX and DLL files.

You need to install it with administration access, and run it as a user who has administration access to the Windows PC. If not the libraries won't be installed correctly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.