Hello,

I need a simple way to mail from OUTLOOK WEB APP not from OUTLOOK via a VB6 code.
Anyone know how to do that? Any code/link avaliable?

Thanks,
Krunal

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Seeing that outlook web app is web based, you can add a web browser to your form and open the web app in your browser.

From there you can populate all the fields with text etc. and send from app.

hi AndreRet,

thanks for the reply.

is there any code/link available for your solution? i am newbie ti VB.

thanks,
krunal

Its a pleasure.

If you google webbrowser and vb6, the following was returned here.

Once you get the basics oon how to use the web browser, post a new thread and we can run through some code on how to programattically add values to certain fields in teh outlook web app.

hi AndreRet,

basically what my req. is when i press button in vb6 then it redirect me to browser(i.e. ff,ie.chrome) and my all values (i.e. Send to, CC, mail subject,etc) also filled in outlook web app respective controls.

i don't want to use webbrowser control....
:)

OUTLOOK WEB APP

OUTLOOK WEB APP

hi AndreRet,

basically what my req. is when i press button in vb6 then it redirect me to browser(i.e. ff,ie.chrome) and my all values (i.e. Send to, CC, mail subject,etc) also filled in outlook web app respective controls.

hi AndreRet,

basically

hi AndreRet,

so you want something like a form filler?.. I don't know if its posible for vb6. Have you tried using WinHTTP so you can send mail within your app?..

You can either use an Outlook object in VB or use the winsock object. The winsock concept might be li'l confusing. But it doesn't need Outlook to be installed on your system whereas option 1 needs outlook to be installed in the client system. If you still choose winsock, do reply I'll try attaching a class that would send messages.

Outlook

Winsock

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.