Hello, its been a while since I have been here but I am in need of assistance. First off I haven done this in a while so to say that I am rusty is an understatement. What I am trying to do is create a form that allows for input to be entered, a button to be clicked and a search of a sheet in 2 columns of the sheet to be searched and the results of the row to be displayed on the search form. I know its a lot but any starting point would be appreciated. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Update: I have somethign that kind is what I am looking for but I am having trouble getting it to actually search the sheet. This may be a dead end but any info would be appreciated. THanks!

Please read the section of member rules which states

• Do provide evidence of having done some work yourself if posting questions from school or work assignments

Sorry about that. I have some things that I have been messing with but I am still trying to feel my way around. Give me a minute to load the file. Again sorry about the mix up

I having soe trouble uploading due to my file type. I will resolve that first and then post the file. Sorry for the mix up

I think this will go along.

Sorry I am having difficulty loading my file. It has been three years since I was on here and A lot has changed. I will update when I get this resolved.

What sheet do you need to search from - excel?

If you have problems uploading, just post your search code here.

Could someone please tell my why loading an excel file is not allowed? Once I know that then I can get on with this. Thanks!

Copy the code you're using to the clipboard. Then click Code on the post menu. In the overlay paste your code. Correct any tab issues to make it more readable. Click Insert Code Snippet Now your code is formatted in the message field, and you can add any comments that are relevent. If the worksheet set up is important then uploading a screenshot of the worksheet and maybe a description will do in most cases.

Perhaps the file is too big. The limit is one meg.

Okay so here is the code I am trying to use. I have it to where the code will at least look in the sheet but it wont display the results even if found. I am working on finding an inventory solution. This will be coupled with a barcode scanner which I have already worked out. Thank you for your assistance.

Sub Find_First()
    Dim FindString As String
    Dim Rng As Range
    FindString = InputBox("Enter a Search value")
    If Trim(FindString) <> "" Then
        With Sheets("Sheet2").Range("B7:C486")
            Set Rng = .Find(What:=FindString, _
                            After:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _
                            LookIn:=xlValues, _
                            LookAt:=xlWhole, _
                            SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
                            SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
                            MatchCase:=False)
            If Not Rng Is Nothing Then
                Application.Goto Rng, True
            Else
                MsgBox "Nothing found"
            End If
        End With
    End If
End Sub

I would like it if the results would display in a results window as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.