Hello Guys ..

I want to understant how to share my Database to the other Computer USing IP address..

Anyone can show me the code for connection.. This is my Code,

acd.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & App.Path & "\POS.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"
    acd.CursorLocation = adUseClient

where can i put the ip in my code to connect my database to the other pc.. thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This should work -

acd.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\192.168.0.10\YourPCNameHere\POS.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"
    acd.CursorLocation = adUseClient

Make sure that the database is under your c: drive, not in any folders. That will eliminate user rights...

Also change the ip address to what you have for your server.

Sir i put my POS folder Under My C: Is this Correct?

acd.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\203.215.117.121\diaz-31ba39b6c1\POS.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

But Invalid Path..

I haven't worked on access for a long time. try the following 2 solutions, one of them will work...

acd.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\203.215.117.121\POS.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

''OR

acd.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\203.215.117.121\c:\POS.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

''OR

acd.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\203.215.117.121\c\POS.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

''OR

acd.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\203.215.117.121\diaz-31ba39b6c1\c:\POS.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

''OR
acd.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\\203.215.117.121\diaz-31ba39b6c1\c\POS.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

after the open statement, add the following...

acd.CursorLocation = adUseServer
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.