Hi everyone,
I would like to ask all of you all one question is that for example if i am using visual basic 6 and i would like to add a rich edit to my form would it cause any legal issues for me. Basically if i use the richedit control in visual basic it is added onto my controls toolbar by using the rich32.ocx control which belongs to microsoft corp thus if i try to distribute my application will it create any legal issues for me.

Someone plese let me know about this.

My e-mail is freesoft_2000@yahoo.com

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

Hi everyone,
I would like to ask all of you all one question is that for example if i am using visual basic 6 and i would like to add a rich edit to my form would it cause any legal issues for me. Basically if i use the richedit control in visual basic it is added onto my controls toolbar by using the rich32.ocx control which belongs to microsoft corp thus if i try to distribute my application will it create any legal issues for me.

Someone plese let me know about this.

My e-mail is freesoft_2000@yahoo.com

Yours Sincerely

Richard West

No. Remember this is a standard Windows control and as such you have permission to distribute it. Now if you go and include a Crystal Reports dll or something similar that is a completely different kettle of fishies.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.